Spectators: At this time, we are allowing spectators at our sporting events.
If you have an questions regarding athletics, please contact Jennifer Falmoe, 425-837-6907.
Playing on an athletic team and representing our schools helps students build pride in our community and work together for a common goal. Important life lessons are taught in the athletic "classroom"—teamwork, effort, respect, and commitment. These skills contribute directly to the District's End learning goal in the area of life management. Our athletic programs focus on having students compete with honor and good sportsmanship while developing a commitment to an active lifestyle, friendships, and memories.
The Issaquah School District is committed to promoting equal athletic opportunities for both boys and girls attending our schools as outlined in Title IX. As part of the District's ongoing review of athletic and activities co-curricular programs, we consider input from students and parents. If you would like to propose the addition of a sport or activity, the following documents describe the process for co-curricular changes or requests.
- Add athletic program
- To Add an Activity:
- Elementary School – Contact Principal at your Elementary School
- Middle School – Contact ASB Advisor or Principal/Assistant Principal at your Middle School
- High School – Contact the ASB Activity Coordinator at your High School
Middle School Sports
- Issaquah School District Physical Evaluation Form
- Online Sports Registration - FinalForms
- Middle School Student Athletic Handbook
INFORMATION FOR 2023-2024 MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
All middle school athletics and activities are subject to cancellation or to a change in operations given updated guidance we may receive from WIAA, OSPI, the Governor of WA, the King County Department of Health and/or other relevant public health or governing institutions. Middle school athletics philosophy is to recognize the unique development needs of the middle level student, build student success through active participation, increase skill building and positive sportsmanship. We will continue to monitor guidance and adjust accordingly.
- FinalForms is our new Athletic Registration software.
- Physicals are now valid for two (2) years. However students entering the 6th grade must have a physical dated after January 1 of the year they started 6th grade, and physicals may not expire during the season of participation.
- Physicals can now be uploaded directly to FinalForms. Parents, you must keep the original, signed physical available at home and be able to produce it upon request.
- Families can now register for the entire year of sports at one time. They are also free to register for just the upcoming season and register for future seasons at a later date.
REGISTRATION - As easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Registration is required and can be completed online via FinalForms.
You will need to find your invitation e-mail from FinalForms that was sent to parents and students to log in to the system for the first time. If you cannot find that email, please contact your school’s Athletics Office. Please note the following before registering online:
- Registration must be completed by the parent or legal (court appointed) guardian of the student athlete using the parent e-mail currently in Family Access.
- Parents/guardians can find registration instructions in the FinalForms Parent Playbook.
- Parents/guardians can enter multiple students in one FinalForms session.
- When you add or update information in FinalForms, it does not update information in Family/Student Access. Please contact your school registrar for updates to your student’s information at the school.
Register early! To ensure adequate time for the clearance process, student athletes may not be permitted to attend practice the same day as registration.
Private School or Home-Based Families: To participate in athletics at the Issaquah School District, you must first be enrolled at your boundary school. Please visit our New Student Enrollment Page for instructions on how to enroll your student online. When filling out your application, please add a note in the comments section that your student is planning to participate in sports. It will take at least 24 hours after you receive the email confirming enrollment for your student to become active in the athletics system, so please plan accordingly.
NOTE: All students who are new to the Issaquah School District, are Home Based, or attend Private School must first be registered online and cleared by the building registrar prior to registering for sports. This process may take up to 3 school days. This must be done prior to starting the online sports registration process so please plan accordingly!
2. A current physical form must be on file for eligibility.
- Physicals are valid for two (2) years.
- Incoming 6th graders planning to play sports must have a physical upon entering middle school. For incoming sixth graders, this physical needs to be completed on or after January 1 to be eligible for the upcoming school year.
- Sports Physicals must be current for the entire season/post season. Students will NOT be cleared to turn out with a physical that expires during the regular season or playoffs.
- Parents/guardians can go to FinalForms to register and complete the student’s medical information, which will create a personalized Pre-participation Physical Evaluation (PPE).
- Parents/guardians print the PPE form, which includes the ISD Physical Form (last page of the PPE document), and have the student take the form to the medical exam appointment. Please share with your physician that the ISD only requires the final page of the physical be scanned/uploaded or brought in.
- Submit completed Physical Form via upload to FinalForms (you can scan or take a picture) or drop off in person during open Athletics Office hours PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION. Please note: you are only required to upload (or bring in when our offices open to the public) the final page of the physical form.
- The Physical Form is available if you need one prior to registering with FinalForms.
Medical insurance is also required. If you don’t have medical insurance coverage through your family, school insurance is available for a fee. Information on Student Accident & Sickness Coverage.
The following fees are collected for participation in middle school sports.
- ASB card purchase – valid for the entire school year
- $50.00 per sport with a maximum of $150.00 per student per year
- $20.00 per sport for intramural teams.
All fees can be paid online.
Note: Scholarships are available, contact your school bookkeeper, counselor, and/or Assistant Principal for details.